Occupied as early as the 1300s, Sandia Pueblo was once the largest of the Tiguex Province’s 20 cultures. An adobe church dedicated to St. Anthony was built in 1762, but it fell into ruins. A new one was built in the 1860s and has since been completely renovated. Adam Vroman Clark shot this image in 1899. Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 014419.