fat orange cat
Never before seen photographs of 'Lost Brisbane' over past 150 years
Corner of Queen and Edward Streets, 1940: The AMP Society replaced the three-storey building on this corner with one of 10 levels constructed between 1930 and 1934. It was renamed MacArthur Chambers after US General Douglas MacArthur who established his headquarters there during World War II
This simple project generates a lot of interest and creativity for beginning students, while teaching the technical aspects of decorating clay in the plastic and leather-hard states. Working on the small medallions was considerably less intimidating than a large project, and students later incorporated various decoration methods into their pottery.