Organ Located at the interior of Southwark Cathedral in London, built in 1897. 'The wind to the organ is supplied by electric fans in the Cathedral roof. The organ contains 61 stops and 3,248 pipes, ranging from 32 foot to the length of a pencil. It also uses 12 bellows, of an average 5 foot x 3 foot and the electric pneumatic mechanism contains 570 actions for admitting wind to the pipes.'
An A2 poster sized print, approx 16x23 inch (420x594 mm). JHL394935 The George Inn Yard, Southwark, c.1881 (b/w photo) by Dixon, Henry (1820-92); Private Collection; (add.info.: From a series of 120 photographs by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London (founded 1873), published between 1875-87; documented buildings in danger of demolition; rebuilt in 1676; London's only surviving galleried coaching inn;); British, out of copyright. 17 17th xvii xviith century, 17 century, balustrade,
14x12 inch (363x312 mm) frame with high quality print. Southwark Cathedral, London. The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St Saviour and St Mary Overie on the south bank of the River Thames. Seat of the Anglican diocese of Southwark. Photographed in May 2013. church, cathedral. Image supplied by Historic England
Southwark Cathedral or The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St Saviour and St Mary Overie, Southwark, London, lies on the south bank of the River Thames close to London Bridge. It is the mother church of the Anglican Diocese of Southwark. It has been a place of Christian worship for over 1,000 years, but a cathedral only since 1905. The present building is mainly Gothic, from between 1220 and 1420.