Easy and quick Tutorial “how to draw eyes”
Published on March 5, 2021
Subject: We are drawing an eye that looks up
- •Graphite pencil/mechanical pencil
- •Piece of paper
- •Draw 2 lines at a 90 degree angle
- •A circle with the center at the lines are crossing
- •Draw a smaller circle inside the bigger one. That will be the pupil
- •Sketch out 4 lines: these lines will create reference touch points for the future eye lids
The top two lines:
- •one barely touching the pupil
- •second slightly covering the pupil
- •Both lines go to the intersection points of the larger circle with the horizontal guideline
The bottom two lines:
- •Two bottom lines go from the intersection points of the upper two lines and the horizontal line.
- •They should cross in a point on the vertical line.
- •Make sure these lines are leaving some space between them and the pupil.
This way you will recreate an eye that looks up. But don’t be afraid to experiment! Any changes you make will affect the geometry of the eye, the direction of the sight.